Maracyn is a specially compounded broad-spectrum antibiotic which has been shown to be effective against a number of pathogenic bacteria associated with ornamental fish disease. It was developed for complete but gradual dissolution in water. It is primarily effective against gram-positive pathogenic organisms. Provides relief from bacterial infections such as body fungus, bacterial gill disease and popeye. Also helpful against mouth fungus, open lesions, hemorrhagic septicemia, and slime disease. Symptoms of possible bacterial infection can include clamped fins, swollen eyes, heavy or rapid breathing, patchy coloration, change in swimming behavior or corner-hiding. Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis of disease causing organisms and treatment options. All suspected bacterial infections should be treated immediately.
- Highly Effective Treatment for Bacterial Infections in Fish
- May be Used Along with Coppersafe, Maracyn Two, or Maracyn Oxy
- Safe for Fresh and Saltwater Systems
- Effective Against Gram-Positive Pathogenic Organisms
- Also helpful against mouth fungus, open lesions, hemorrhagic septicemia, and slime disease
Brand: Fritz Aquatics